Alice: How long is forever? White Rabbit: Sometimes, just one second ~ Lewis Carol
Time is something that we all take for granted and sometimes even neglect. We all wish we had more time to do more with our loved ones but somehow work, school and just plain old life get in the way. Today I want to share some tips that you can incorporate into the new year to improve your time management.
Time Management Tips
- Write a to do list: Sounds simple but the key is separating the list into urgent and not urgent. This way straight off the bat you know your priorities for the day
- Learn to say “no”: As women, sometimes we find it hard to just say no I cant. Practice saying no in the mirror, it can go something like this “I cant attend this week, I have family game night”. Believe me once you start this practice you will wonder why you didn’t do it sooner.
- Manage your email: Create file folders and separate your emails into separate groups. For example: I have file folders for every day of the week and I separate my emails accordingly and then tackle the emails on its assigned day.
- Delegate: Set up charts and delegate chores around the home, this will open up your time and teach kids responsibility.
- Automate tasks: Set your bills on auto-pay, use apps such as Hootsuite to automate your social media.
- Schedule an errand day: Set aside one day a week for running errands and plan them according to area and distance. This way you get them all out of the way in one day instead of running around town all week.
- Plan meals: Use a meal planning app, meal delivery service or just a note pad where you plan the weeks meals. On errand day you can pick up all the ingredients and be ahead of the dinner game.
- Last but not least, schedule a rest day: Spend this day with your family, reading a book, catching up on dvr recordings. Whatever will rejuvenate you and prepare you for the new week ahead!
Speaking of time, I wanted to share with you this gorgeous women’s watch I received complimentary from Jord. Their time pieces are made from wood which makes them so unique and special. I love how comfortable and lightweight my watch feels when I’m wearing it. I wore it out to dinner for the first time and was surprised by how many people noticed my watch and loved it. Jord does a gorgeous job with the packaging, they arrive in a wood box that is perfect for gifting. My specific watch is from the Fieldcrest Series and is made from Zebra wood and Maple; Here’s a direct link -> Jord Fieldcrest.
Oh and loves I haven’t even told you the best part, I’ve partenered with Jord to do a giveaway! One lucky winner will receive a $100 gift code to be used on the Jord website. And everyone that enters will receive a $25 code at the end of the contest. So hey, its a win win situation; Go ahead and click link below to enter:
The contest will close 2/19 at 11:59pm. Both the $100 and the $25 codes will expire on 4/30/2017.
Good luck to all who enter. And one more thing, I’d love to hear some of your time management tips. Please share in comments section.
Till Next time