It’s no secret that for us makeup “junkies” Sephora is the place we get our “fix”. With so many subscription boxes out there it was no surprise when Sephora launched PLAY a subscription box in Fall of 2015. Speaking for myself, the holy grail of fixes are samples. I LOVE samples as they allow me try out an unexpected color, new skincare, and fragrances without the full cost commitment.
The subscription boxes were launched in 3 select cities Boston, Columbus and Cincinnati at $10 monthly. Good news for you makeup lovers Sephora is expected to start rolling out PLAY to other cities in 2016. I missed out on the first box in Sept as there was a waitlist. So far I have loved each of the boxes and I’ve discovered new makeup brands, skin care and fragrances. I’m also a sucker for presentation and I have to say Sephora Play’s packaging is super cute. They also include a booklet with full info and tips on each product. Another great plus is each box includes a Play card that gives you 50 extra Beauty Insider points with any in store purchase (for my fellow VIBs and VIB ROUGE members)!
Here is a recap of some of the product samples I’ve tried and loved:
- Boscia Detoxifying Black Cleanser: Its a gel cleanser and includes a charcoal konjac sponge. The sample is 1 oz but a little goes a long way. I had never heard of a konjac sponge and I have to say I cant live with out one now!
- Fresh Black Tea Treatment Toner: I have used this at night before bed and I absolutely love how it hydrates my skin and gives me a glow in the morning.
- Belief True Cream-Aqua Bomb: Its a light weight gel cream and wow this moisturizer has magical hydration properties! Aqua bomb is a great description and pretty much sums it up. I love this product!!!
- Bite Beauty Lip Pencil in Rhubarb Color: First time trying this line and this lip pencil is creamy and highly pigmented. Best part is that Bite Lip products are made with food-grade antioxidant ingredients that can be eaten! I will definitely buy more!
- Buxom Full Bodied Lip Gloss in color Dolly: This gloss has a plumping effect and I have to say I’m super sensitive to lip plumping product so I was a little hesitant to try this but I’m so glad I did. First let me say the tingle is subtle compared to most lip plumper’s and the color Dolly is a very universal pink shade. Plus it looks great over the Bite Beauty Rhubarb color I mentioned above.
- Stella McCartney’s Stella Perfume: When I think of rose scents I automatically think of grandmothery scents, but not this fragrance. It has base notes of amber which give it a sensual scent not at all overpowering. It’s a winner for me! (Go to Sephora and request a sample and give it a try)
- Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes eye liner in Black: First of all every makeup bag needs black eyeliner, right? Second this liner glides on soft, smooth and lasts all day! Definite winner and perfect size for travel.
- Smashbox Full Exposure Eye Shadow Duo: These are two great neutral colors that work on all skin tones. Personally I preferred the golden shimmery color over the matte nude shade. Pro Tip from Sephora Play-crumble a little of this eye shadow duo into a bottle of clear nail polish to give manicure a gilded shimmer!