Sometimes we get caught up on things and forget that life is short. I for one will focus on the problem and dwell on it endlessly. What we don’t realize is that what we focus on we magnify in our lives! Now don’t get it twisted, I know life can be hard but sometimes we forget the things that make us smile!
One day while stumbling around at Barnes and Noble I bumped into “The Book of Awesome”. This book changed my way of thinking and taught me how to appreciate all the little things. Its written by Neil Pasricha and he basically wrote a list of all the awesome everyday things around us.
Here is a sampling from the collection:
- wearing underwear just out of the dryer
- fixing electronics by smacking them
- the first scoop out of peanut butter jar
- when there’s still time left on the meter you pulled up to
- when you push button for the elevator and “ding” its already there
He also released a second collection “The Book of Even More Awesome” that I enjoyed reading “even more”. I simply coudnt help but smile as I read along.
Here is a sampling from the second collection:
- peeling your socks off under the sheets
- when your fries order has a few onion rings smashed in it
- the smell of Play Doh
- getting the armrest at the movie theatre
This collection of books made me aware of the little things joys that ultimately contribute to my happiness. It really is the little things that matter.
Some of my moments of awesome are:
- Turning on the radio and my favorite song is on
- Taking my bra off when I get home
- when cashier scans my item and it rings up on sale (cha ching more money for shopping)
- when I drive to work and I hit all green lights
- when the vending machine gives me 2 items (oh yeah!)
Life’s little pleasures are all around us. I’d love to hear some of your favorite awesome moments. Come on go ahead and share in comment section below.